> You may all have 'shared human errors', but i dont
> have that issue
> whatsoever :)  I find it quite interesting the issues
> that you guys
> bring up with these drives.  All manufactured goods
> suffer the same
> pitfalls of production.  Would you say that WD and
> Seagate are the
> front runners or just the best marketed?

It depends on the model more than the make, so to say.  You're better off
asking about this on a storage forum... but the short answer is it doesn't
matter which disk you choose unless you have some specific goal in mind, in
which case you might choose the disk with the best performance in this
benchmark, or the lowest idle power usage, or... etc.