On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 11:13:01AM -0400, Luke Scharf wrote:
> So, can I build a working system without s2?

Build?  I'm not so sure.  The first label is going to have s2 by
default.  You'd have to remove it later.  I doubt there's language in
the jumpstart scripts to remove it then.

But yes, removing it later should have little effect.  I know older VxVM
utilities absolutely required it (they would not add a disk without a
valid s2 present).  But otherwise, I can't think of much that is likely
to break.

Some of the SDS utilities that configured metasets even created and
applied labels with an empty s2.

Anything that does have a problem may not be able to deal with EFI
labels as well...

--
Darren