Hey guys, please excuse me in advance if I say or ask anything stupid :)

Anyway, Solaris newbie here.  I've built for myself a new file server to use at
home, in which I'm planning on configuring SXCE-89 & ZFS.  It's a Supermicro
C2SBX motherboard with a Core2Duo & 4GB DDR3.  I have 6x750GB SATA drives in it
connected to the onboard ICH9-R controller (with BIOS RAID disabled & AHCI
enabled).  I also have a 160GB SATA drive connected to a PCI SIIG SC-SA0012-S1
controller, the drive which will be used as the system drive.  My plan is to
configure a RAID-Z2 pool on the 6x750 drives.  The system drive is just there
for Solaris.  I'm also out of ports to use on the motherboard, hence why I'm
using an add-in PCI SATA controller.

My problem is that Solaris is not recognizing the system drive during the DVD
install procedure.  It sees the 6x750GB onboard drives fine.  I originally used
a RocketRAID 1720 SATA controller, which uses its own HighPoint chipset I
believe, and it was a no-go.  I went and exchanged that controller for a SIIG
SC-SA0012-S1 controller, which I thought used a Silicon Integrated (SII)
chipset.  The install DVD isn't recognizing it unfortunatly, & now I'm not so
sure that it uses a SII chipset.  I checked the HCL, and it only lists a few
cards that are reported to work under SXCE.

If anyone has any suggestions on either...
A) Using a different driver during the install procedure, or...
B) A different, cheap SATA controller

I'd appreciate it very much.  Sorry for the rambling post, but I wanted to be
detailed from the get-go.  Thanks for any input! :)

PS. On a side note, I'm interested in playing around with SXCE development.  It
looks interesting :)