>**pci or pci-x.  Yes, you might see
> *SOME* loss in speed from a pci interface, but
> let's be honest, there aren't a whole lot of
> users on this list that have the infrastructure to
> use greater than 100MB/sec who are asking this sort
> of question.  A PCI bus should have no issues
> pushing that.<br>

I have an AMD 939 MB w/ Nvidea on the motherboard and 4 500GB SATA II drives in
a RAIDZ.
I have the $20 Syba SATA I PCI card with 4 120GB drives in another RAIDZ.

I get 550 MB/s on the 1st and 82 MB/s on the 2nd in the local system.
From another, faster system, over Gigabit NFS I get 69MB/s and 35MB/s.

I'm taking a big hit from the SATA ! PCI card vs the motherboard SATA II it
seems.