That's odd -- the only way the 'rm' should fail is if it can't
read the znode for that file.  The znode is metadata, and is
therefore stored in two distinct places using ditto blocks.
So even if you had one unlucky copy that was damaged on two
of your disks, you should still have another copy elsewhere.

Assuming you weren't so shockingly unlucky, the only way to
get a corrupted znode that I know of is flaky memory, such that
the znode is checksummed, then the DRAM flips a bit, then you
write the znode to disk.  The fact that you've seen so many
checksum errors makes me suspect hardware all the more.

Can you send me the output of fmdump -ev and fmdump -eV ?
There should be some useful crumbs in there...

Jeff