Hi,

It's an ASUS P5K-WS board with 2Gb of Corsair TwinX DDR2 8500 1066MHz Non-ECC
memory. The board uses the Intel P35 chipset - it also will not support ECC
RAM. TBH, this is probably the last time I'll get an ASUS, as this is the
second board I've got through - the first one died for no particular reason.
I've been recommended a Supermicro C2SBX Mobo - this will take my existing
Supermicro PCI-X card as well as my current Intel CPU. The only problem is that
it's DDR3 - and ECC DDR3 ram is pretty hard to come by right now.

I'll still try a long memtest run, followed by a rebuild of the errored pool.
I'll have a read around to see if there's anyway of making the memory more
stable on this mobo.

Ben