On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 03:02:43PM -0700, Erik Trimble wrote:
> Unfortunately, we need to be careful here with our terminology.

You are completely and 100% correct, Erik.  I've been throwing the
term SSD around, but in the context of what I'm thinking, by SSD I
mean this new-fangled flash based SSD.

> In this case, I think we want the DRAM SSDs.

Yes, yes you do.  I know I say this all the time, and I'm sure you're all
getting tired of me, but I *really* wish Gigabyte (or *ANYONE ELSE*, ahem,
Sun, *cough*) would produce something similar to the iRAM, but with 3.0Gpbs
SATA/SAS and possibly more space, or at least newer, easier to find RAM.

That would make me *extremely* happy. ;)

I wish I had the money to bankroll something like that.  But sadly, I don't.

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of