> I got a 750 and sliced it and mirrored the other pieces.

Maybe you ran into a bug, because that situation would not be tested much in
the wild... or maybe you just bad lucked out and your computer toasted some
data.

> Thanks Jeff.  I hope my frustration in all this doesn't sound directed
> at anyone in particular and definitely not you.

You are taking this frustrating problem better than I would be, so right on.  I
feel confident for you now just because Bonwick Is On The Case!