Alan,

Just make sure you use dumpadm to point to valid dump device and
this setup should work fine. Please let us know if it doesn't.

The ZFS strategy behind automatically creating separate swap and
dump devices including the following:

o Eliminates the need to create separate slices
o Enables underlying ZFS architecture for swap and dump devices
o Enables you to set characteristics like compression on swap
and dump devices, and eventually, encryption

Cindy