Don't take my opinion. I am a newbie to everything solaris.

>From what it looks like in the HCL, some of the VIA stuff is supported. Like I
>said I tried some nexenta CD...

They don't make 64-bit, first off, and I am not sure if any of their mini-itx
boards support more than 2 gig ram. ZFS loves 64-bit and RAM, so those might be
some shortcomings. But you should try it if you really want still. I wasn't
patient enough to try learning the diffs between Solaris, SXCE, OSOL, Nexenta
and hack drivers if needed etc. I just needed a working box at the time.