Justin Vassallo wrote:
> For the record, I am told that I will need to wait for S10 u6 for zfs
> delegation; can't upgrade before that.
>
> Meanwhile, I had to permit root login (obviously disabled passwd auth;
> PasswordAuthentication  no; PAMAuthenticationViaKBDInt no).

I'd suggest instead using RBAC. See usermod and prof_attr. This should work:

root # usermod -P 'ZFS File System Management','ZFS Storage Management'
zfsrepluser

zfsrepluser $ /bin/pfexec /usr/sbin/zfs send ... | ssh ...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] '/bin/pfexec /usr/sbin/zfs recv ...'

I'm not sure is FS mgmt is sufficient, or if storage mgmt is also needed...

--
Carson