Ross wrote:
> I do think a zfs import after booting from the new drives should
 > work fine, and it doesn't automatically upgrade the pool,
 > so you can still go back to snv_70b if needed.

Alas, it would be downgrade. Which is why I think it will fail.

> PS.  In your first post you said you had no time to copy the filesystem, so
> why are you trying to use send/receive?  Both rsync and send/receive will
> take a long time to complete.

zfs send of the /zvol/ufs volume would take 2 days. Currently it panics
at least once a day. There appears to be no way to resume a "half
transfered" zfs send. So, rsyncing smaller bits.

zfs send -i only works if you have a full copy already, which we can't
get from above.

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)