Just a thought, before I go and wipe this zpool, is there any way to manually
recreate the /etc/zfs/zpool.cache file?

Ross> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:42:43 -0600> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject:
Re: [zfs-discuss] Zpool import not working - I broke my pool...> To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org> > > > Richard
Elling wrote:> > Ross wrote:> >> I'm trying to import a pool I just exported
but I can't, even -f doesn't help. Every time I try I'm getting an error:> >>
"cannot import 'rc-pool': one or more devices is currently unavailable"> >>> >>
Now I suspect the reason it's not happy is that the pool used to have a ZIL :)>
work> > http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6707530> > which Neil
has been working on, scheduled for b96.> > Actually no. That CR mentioned the
problem and talks about splitting out> the bug, as it's really a separate
problem. I've just done that and here's> the new CR which probably won't be
visible immediately to you:> > 6733267 Allow a pool to be imported with a
missing slog> > Here's the Description:> > -------------------> This CR is
being broken out from 6707530 "log device failure needs some work"> > When
Separate Intent logs (slogs) were designed they were given equal status in the
pool device tree.> This was because they can contain committed changes to the
pool.> So if one is missing it is assumed to be important to the integrity of
the> application(s) that wanted the data committed synchronously, and thus> a
pool cannot be imported with a missing slog.> However, we do allow a pool to be
missing a slog on boot up if> it's in the /etc/zfs/zpool.cache file. So this
sends a mixed message.> > We should allow a pool to be imported without a slog
if -f is used> and to not import without "-f" but perhaps with a better error
message.> > It's the guidsum check that actually rejects imports with missing
devices.> We could have a separate guidsum for the main pool devices (non