Hi,

Have a problem with a ZFS on a single device, this device is 48 1T SATA
drives presented as a 42T LUN via hardware RAID 6 on a SAS bus which had
a ZFS on it as a single device.

There was a problem with the SAS bus which caused various errors
including the inevitable kernel panic, the thing came back up with 3 out
of 4 zfs mounted.

I've tried reading the partition table with format, works fine, also can
dd the first 100G from the device quite happily so the communication
issue appears resolved however the device just won't mount.  Googling
around I see that ZFS does have features designed to reduce the impact
of corruption at a particular point, multiple meta data copies and so
on, however commands to help me tidy up a zfs will only run once the
thing has been mounted.

Would be grateful for any ideas, relevant output here:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zpool import
  pool: content
    id: 14205780542041739352
 state: FAULTED
status: The pool metadata is corrupted.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
        The pool may be active on on another system, but can be imported
using
        the '-f' flag.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-72
config:

        content     FAULTED   corrupted data
          c2t9d0    ONLINE

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zpool import content
cannot import 'content': pool may be in use from other system
use '-f' to import anyway

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# zpool import -f content
cannot import 'content': I/O error

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# uname -a
SunOS cs3.kw 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

Thanks
--
Tom

// www.portfast.co.uk -- internet services and consultancy