2008/8/10 Jonathan Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm in the very unsettling position of fearing that I've lost all of my data
> via a zfs send/receive operation, despite ZFS's legendary integrity.
>
> The error that I'm getting on restore is:
> receiving full stream of faith/[EMAIL PROTECTED] into Z/faith/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> cannot receive: invalid stream (checksum mismatch)
>
> Background:
> I was running snv_91, and decided to upgrade to snv_95 converting to the much
> awaited zfs-root in the process.

You could try to restore on a snv_91 system. zfs send streams is not
for backups. This is from the zfs man page:

The format of the stream is evolving. No backwards  com-
patibility is guaranteed. You may not be able to receive
your streams on future versions of ZFS.

Or the file was corrupted when you transfered it.