Hi,

I have a zfs-pool (unfortunately not setup according to the Best
Practices Guide) that somehow got corrupted after a spontaneous server
reboot. On Solaris 10u4 the machine simply panics when I try to import
the pool. So what I've done is taken a dd-image of the whole LUN so
that I have something to lab with without breaking original data. Then
I've installed Solaris Express b95 (in a virtual machine) and made the
disk image visible via iSCSI. This in hope that the newer zfs-code in
b95 would be able to import the pool.

Here is the output of some hopefully relevant commands to you zfs-gurus :)

bash-3.2# zpool import
 pool: data1
   id: 16337833607404088147
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk version.
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though
       some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'.
config:
       data1      ONLINE
         c2t2d0    ONLINE

bash-3.2# zpool import data1
cannot import 'data1': pool may be in use from other system
use '-f' to import anyway

bash-3.2# zpool import -f data1
(when sniffing the iscsi-traffic there is an initial burst of requests
and data, but then the command zpool hangs forever and can't even be
kill-9'd)

bash-3.2# zdb -l /dev/rdsk/c2t2d0s0
LABEL 0
   version=3
   name='data1'
   state=0
   txg=696136211
   pool_guid=16337833607404088147
   top_guid=8756997626625498593
   guid=8756997626625498593
   vdev_tree
       type='disk'
       id=0
       guid=8756997626625498593
       path='/dev/dsk/c6t213d0s0'
       devid='id1,[EMAIL PROTECTED]/a'
       whole_disk=1
       metaslab_array=13
       metaslab_shift=35
       ashift=9
       asize=6499480109056
       DTL=17
(3 more labels with same content follows here)

bash-3.2# zdb -uuu -e data1
Uberblock
        magic = 0000000000bab10c
        version = 3
        txg = 698279317
        guid_sum = 6648087160320035124
        timestamp = 1214932560 UTC = Tue Jul  1 19:16:00 2008
        rootbp = [L0 DMU objset] 400L/200P DVA[0]=<0:56800000200:200>
DVA[1]=<0:3000020200:200> DVA[2]=<0:48800001800:200> fletcher4 lzjb LE
contiguous birth=698279317 fill=189
cksum=89744d6d8:36e7cf71f81:b1d06b2acd36:1850b4cc5621f3

I have also tried to blindly execute the commands described by
signature kangurek in
<http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=220125> but
without success.

Without about knowing much about zfs, I couldn't help but notice that
the txg ids differs in the label and uberblock. Is this normal?

Any help on moving forward with this recovery process is much appreciated!

Best regards
Erik Gulliksson