I'm setting up a ZFS fileserver using a bunch of spare drives. I'd like some
redundancy and to maximize disk usage, so my plan was to use raid-z. The
problem is that the drives are considerably mismatched and I haven't found
documentation (though I don't see why it shouldn't be possible) to stripe
smaller drives together to match bigger ones. The drives are: 1x750, 2x500,
2x400, 2x320, 2x250. Is it possible to accomplish the following with those
drives:

raid-z
   750
   500+250=750
   500+250=750
   400+320=720
   400+720=720

and if so what is the command? The only way I've thought to implement this is
to create striped pools for each subset of drives, create a file that fills the
whole pool, and use the file as a vdev. That seems like a nasty workaround
though, and an unnecessary one. If there's any trouble understanding the
question I can elaborate a bit. Any advice is greatly appreciated!