On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Joe S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I picked the 790GX of the 790 series because it has integrated video.

The 790GX is a high-clocked 780G, so look at that chipset as well. The
boards are slightly cheaper, too. If you're not overclocking or
running Crossfire, there's no reason to use the GX.

> Also, I avoided the SB600 southbridge as I have read there are SATA
> DMA issues with it. The nForce and AMD chipsets are very new but

The SB700 has a few issues with AHCI as well from what I've heard,
though the specifics are eluding me at the moment. The SB750 is too
new to know but may be an improvement. I'd recommend an LSI 1068e
based HBA like the Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8i.

You may want to put an Intel NIC into the AMD system, since support
with other ethernet solutions seems spotty at best.

-B

--
Brandon High [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"You can't blow things up with schools and hospitals." -Stephen Dailey