Hmm... I'm leaning away a bit from the hardware, but just in case you've got an
idea, the machine is as follows:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e 2.5GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor Model
ADH4850DOBOX (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103255)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor AMD
Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128081)

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122)

HDD (x4): Western Digital Caviar GP WD10EACS 1TB 5400 to 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Hard Drive (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136151)

The reason why I don't think there's a hardware issue is because before I got
OpenSolaris up and running, I had a fully functional install of openSuSE 11.0
running (with everything similar to the original server) to make sure that none
of the components were damaged during shipping from Newegg. Everything worked
as expected.

Furthermore, before making my purchases, I made sure to check the HCL and my
processor and motherboard combination are supported:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/systems/details/3079.html

But, like I said earlier, I'm new here, so you might be on to something that
never occurred to me.

Any ideas?