Hi Glenn,

Where is it hanging? Could you provide a stack trace? It's possible that it's just a bug and not a configuration issue.

On 18 Sep, 2008, at 16.12, Glenn Lagasse wrote:

I had a disk that contained a zpool.  For reasons that we won't go in
to, that disk had zero's written all over it (at least enough to cover
the entirety of the zpool space).  Now when I run zpool status the
command hangs when it tries to display information about the now
non-existent pool. Similarly, trying to destroy the pool hangs as well.

Is there some way to remove the pool from zfs's pool of knowledge?
Also, is it a bug that the failure mode for this situation isn't more
graceful?  Surely zfs should figure out that 'something really bad
happened' and give up the ghost gracefully?

Thanks!

--
Glenn

Regards,