Joerg Schilling wrote:

[ ... ]

> I bought this two days ago
>
> http://www.kmelektronik.de/main_site/prod_detail/detail.php?ArtNr=4425&Shop=0

This has a SIL3114. I bought it some month ago.

> and as the only information I could found in the web was to flash the card
> BIOS,

You need a bios *without* the RAID functionality. Otherwise opensolaris
would detect a raid controller for which it doesn´t have a driver.

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=28&cid=15&ctid=2&osid=0&;

After
        eeprom pci-ide='pci1095,3114'

and a reboot opensolaris should detect a 'Mass storage controller'.

( prtconf -pv )

> I did not realize that there is a jumper....

No jumper.

> It did however not work with booting without an atached disk and connecting
> it later.

Possibly it works after flashing the bios ... Sorry, i couldn´t remember
  if i ever used it without attached disks.

> Do you believe it makes sense to give it a second try?

For me it is working for 2 month. Scrubbing every two weeks. No checksum
errors. But its not 24-hour-machine and i don´t extremely stress it.

You bought it. So try it.

Another workaround i didn´t try:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6595150

--