On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Gray Carper wrote:

> So, how concerned should we be about the low scores here and there?
> Any suggestions on how to improve our configuration? And how excited
> should we be about the 8GB tests? ;>

The level of concern should depend on how you expect your storage pool
to actually be used.  It seems that it should work great for bulk
storage, but not to support a database, or ultra high-performance
super-computing applications.  The good 8GB performance is due to
successful ZFS ARC caching in RAM, and because the record size is
reasonable given the ZFS block size and the buffering ability of the
intermediate links.  You might see somewhat better performance using a
256K record size.

It may take quite a while to fill 150TB up.

Bob