s> if I ever add a new 'gold vdi file', it does not effect the
s> clones, [...] I'll be testing more OS's than the current ones,
s> so scalability

what?

----

What I meant is that if I have a zfs filesystem of a bunch of gold images
(VDIs), if I would zfs  snapshot/clone the filesystem. If I add another gold
image to the original (parent the word??) filesystem, the clones would not be
effected in the same way as a normal zfs snapshot of the gold image filesystem
would be; which makes sense.

I think I'm going to go with creating one zfs filesystem per VDI, then cloning
then as needed. I was just wondering if there was a better large scale way to
scale a situation like this. Often talking with other people with similar
knowledge makes one think of ideas you normally wouldn't.

Thanks Miles.