On 29 October, 2008 - Mike sent me these 0,7K bytes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been asked to build a new server and would like to get some
> opinions on how to setup a zfs pool for the application running on the
> server.  The server will be exclusively for running netbackup
> application.
>
> Now which would be better? setting up a raidz pool with 6x146gig
> drives or setting up 3 mirrors of 2x146gig into a pool?
>
> Currently I have it setup with the mirrors.. but am wondering if the
> raidz possibility would be a better choice.

Define "better"?

The raidz option will give you more storage at less performance.. The
mirror thing has the possibility of achieving higher reliability.. 1 to
3 disks can fail without interruptions, depending on how Murphy picks
them.. The raidz1 one can handle 1 disk only..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå