Hi John,

> Snapshot Used Total (GB) == 766.73
> Filesystem Referenced Total (GB) == 2570.04
> Total of Snap Used + FS Ref (GB) == 3336.76
>
> Vol0 filesystem Used (GB) == 5159.35

The sums don't really work that way.

Consider this scenario:
- I create a dataset and copy 1g into it
- I take a snapshot of it, @snap1
- I copy 1g more data into the datset
- I take another snapshot, @snap2
- I delete the two 1g files.

What's left on the system?  The first file is available via both the
snapshots, and the second file will be available via the second snapshot
only.  In other words, @snap1 will have a 'refer' value of 1g, and @snap2
will have a 'refer' value of 2g.  The dataset itself will only 'refer' to
the overhead, but will have a 'used' value of 2g.

However, the 'used' values of @snap1 and @snap2 will only contain the
deltas for the snapshots.  @snap1 will contain just the filesystem
metadata for the 'used' - around 16-20k, and @snap2 will contain the
metadata plus the second 1g file.

So, crunching the numbers using the method outlined above, the snapshot
used total is approx 1g, and the filesystem refer total is 16-20k.  These
don't add up to the amount of data still being consumed by the pool (the
two 1g files), because used & refer are tracking different pieces of
information.

Regards,
markm