On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, BJ Quinn wrote:

> Here's an idea - I understand that I need rsync on both sides if I
> want to minimize network traffic.  What if I don't care about that -
> the entire file can come over the network, but I specifically only
> want rsync to write the changed blocks to disk.  Does rsync offer a
> mode like that? -- This message posted from opensolaris.org

My understanding is that the way rsync works, if a file already
exists, then checksums are computed for ranges of the file, and the
data is only sent/updated if that range is determined to have changed.
While you can likely configure rsync to send the whole file, I think
that it does what you want by default.

This is very easy for you to test for yourself.

Bob