>>"Francois Dion" wrote:
>> Source is local to rsync, copying from a zfs file system,
>> destination is remote over a dsl connection. Takes forever to just
>> go through the unchanged files. Going the other way is not a
>> problem, it takes a fraction of the time. Anybody seen that?
>> Suggestions?
>De: Blake Irvin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Upstream when using DSL is much slower than downstream?

No, that's not the problem. I know ADSL is assymetrical. When there is an
actual data transfer going on, the cpu drops to 0.2%. It's only when rsync is
doing its thing (reading, not writing) locally that it pegs the cpu. We are
talking 15 minutes in one direction while in the other it looks like I'll pass
the 24 hours mark before the rsync is complete. And there were less than 100MB
added on each side.

BTW, the only other process I've seen that pegs the cpu solid for as long as it
runs on my v480 is when I downloaded Belenix through a python script
(btdownloadheadless).