Hi Miles,

It's probably a bad sign that although that post came through as anonymous in
my e-mail, I recognised your style before I got half way through your post :)

I agree, the zpool status being out of date is weird, I'll dig out the bug
number for that at some point as I'm sure I've mentioned it before.  It looks
to me like there are two separate pieces of code that work out the status of
the pool.  There's the stuff ZFS uses internally to run the pool, and then
there's a completely separate piece that does the reporting to the end user.

I agree that it could be a case of oversimplifying things.  There's no denying
the ease of admin is one of ZFS' strengths, but I think the whole zpool status
thing needs looking at again.  Neither the way the command freezes, nor the out
of date information make any sense to me.

And yes, I'm aware of the problems you've reported with resilvering.  That's on
my list of things to test with this.  I've already done a quick test of running
a scrub after the resilver (which appeared ok at first glance), and tomorrow
I'll be testing the reboot status too.