Ross wrote:
> Aha, found it!  It was this thread, also started by Carsten :)
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=78921&tstart=45

Did I? Darn, I need to get a brain upgrade.

But yes, there it was mainly focused on zfs send/receive being slow -
but maybe these are also linked.

What I will try today/this week:

Put some stress on the system with bonnie and other tools and try to
find slow disks and see if this could be the main problem but also look
into more vdevs and then possible move to raidz to somehow compensate
for lost disk space. Since we have 4 cold spares on the shelf plus a SMS
warnings on disk failures (that is if fma catches them) the risk
involved should be tolerable.

More later.

Carsten