Ross wrote:
> While it's good that this is at least possible, that looks horribly
> complicated to me.
> Does anybody know if there's any work being done on making it easy to remove
> obsolete
> boot environments?

If the clones were promoted at the time of their creation the BEs would
stay independent and individually deletable.  Promotes can fail, though,
if there is not enough space.

I was told a little while back when I ran into this myself on an Nevada
build where ludelete failed, that beadm *did* promote clones.  This
thread appears to be evidence to the contrary.  I think it's a bug, we
should either promote immediately on creation, or perhaps beadm destroy
could do the promotion behind the covers.

-tim