Richard, I have been glancing through the posts, saw more hardware RAID vs
ZFS discussion, some are very useful.
However, as you adviced me the other day, we should think about the overall
solution architect, not just the feature itself.

I believe the spirit of ZFS snapshot is more significant than what have been
discussed, in the rapid (though I don't know if it is stateful today)
application migration capabilities that enhance overall business continuity,
hopefully fulfilling the enterprise availability requirements.  I really
don't think any Hardware RAID with embedded snapshot can do such, and I am
never IMHO.

One example:
ZFS is used to both capture the guest from a snapshot and move the
compressed snapshot between servers, not limited to the Sun xVM hypervisor;
the same approach could be used with respect to hosting Solaris Zones or Sun
Logical Domains.

Best,