zfs-auto-snapshot (SUNWzfs-auto-snapshot) is what I'm using. Only trick
is that on the other end, we have to manage our own retention of the
snapshots we send to our offsite/backup boxes.

zfs-auto-snapshot can handle the sending of snapshots as well.

We're running this in OpenSolaris 2008.11 (snv_100).

Another use I've seen is using zfs-auto-snapshot to take and manage
snapshots on both ends, using rsync to replicate the data, but that's
less than ideal for most folks...

-Greg