I'd like to track a server's ZFS pool I/O throughput over time. What's a good
data source to use for this? I like zpool iostat for this, but if I poll at two
points in time I would get a number since boot (e.g. 1.2M) and a current number
(e.g. 1.3K). If I use the current number then I've lost data between polling
intervals. But if I use the number since boot it's not precise enough to be
useful.

Is there a kstat equivalent to the I/O since boot? Some other good data source?

And then is there a similar kstat equivalent to iostat? Would both data values
then allow me to trend file i/O versus physical disk I/O?

Thanks.