Morning,

For those of you who remember last time, this is a different Solaris,
different disk box and different host, but the epic nature of the fail
is similar.

The RAID box that is the 63T LUN has a hardware fault and has been
crashing, up to now the box and host got restarted and both came up
fine.  However, just now as I have got replacement hardware in position
and was ready to start copying, it went bang and my data has all gone.

Ideas?

r...@cs4:~# zpool list
NAME      SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
content  62.5T  59.9T  2.63T    95%  ONLINE  -

r...@cs4:~# zpool status -v
  pool: content
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        content     ONLINE       0     0    32
          c2t8d0    ONLINE       0     0    32

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        content:<0x0>
        content:<0x2c898>

r...@cs4:~# find /content
/content
r...@cs4:~# (yes that really is it)

r...@cs4:~# uname -a
SunOS cs4.kw 5.11 snv_99 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

from format:
       2. c2t8d0 <IFT-S12S-G1033-363H-62.76TB>
          /p...@7c0/p...@0/p...@8/LSILogic,s...@0/s...@8,0

Also, "content" does not show in df output.

thanks
--
Tom

// www.portfast.co.uk -- internet services and consultancy