You can get a sort of redundancy by creating multiple filesystems with
'copies' enabled on the ones that need some sort of self-healing in
case of bad blocks.

Is it possible to at least present your disks as several LUNs?  If you
must have an abstraction layer between ZFS and the block device,
presenting ZFS with a plurality of abstracted devices would let you
get some sort of parity...or is this device live and in production?

I do think that, though ZFS doesn't need fsck in the traditional
sense, some sort of recovery tool would make storage admins even
happier about using ZFS.

cheers,
Blake