On Sun, February 22, 2009 16:31, Blake wrote:
> I'm actually working on this for an application at my org.  I'll try
> to post my work somewhere when done (hopefully this week).

That'd be cool.  I'm converting from rsync to send/receive because I
upgraded to 2008.11 and started using CIFS, so I care about more things
than I used to, and rsync doesn't handle them all.  And I'm having trouble
getting send/receive to do what I need so far.  I'll look forward to
seeing what you do!

> Are you keeping in mind the fact that the '-i' option needs a pair of
> snapshots (original and current) to work properly?

Yes, on the incremental sends I believe I've got that part right.  I can
get the original send on a different fs, and incremental sends, to work;
it was when I added this second fs that I also wanted to back up that I
ran into problems.  Dunno why yet.  The tests below are of the initial
send, which will happen only once per backup volume, but are still
necessary.

I'm going to fall back to doing manual scripts to do initial and
incremental backups for the fs's I care about, in hopes I can get that
working, and because it gives me a precise reproducible problem when I
have trouble.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info