On Sun, February 22, 2009 18:11, Frank Cusack wrote:
> On February 22, 2009 1:14:44 PM -0600 David Dyer-Bennet <d...@dd-b.net>
> wrote:
>> (Note that I need to back up two pools, rpool and zp1, from the destkop
>> on
>> the the single external pool bup-ruin.  I'm importing bup-ruin with
>> altroot to avoid the mountoints of the backed-up filesystems on it
>> conflicting with each other or with stuff already mounted on the
>> desktop.)
>
> Did you see my other thread on this specific topic?  You can't backup
> the root pool using zfs send -R | zfs recv.

Nope, somehow missed the import of that.

I'm only trying to back up the rpool/export/home portion of the root pool;
is that still impossible?

Because so far as I can tell, *that* part is working; it's adding a second
fs that I'm having trouble with.

In the example I posted, this bit WORKED in one case:

# zfs create bup-ruin/fsfs/rpool
# zfs send -R rpool/export/h...@bup-20090216-044512utc | zfs recv -d
bup-ruin/fsfs/rpool

I'll find that other thread and check up; is it a consistent failure or
intermittent, though?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info