I'm sure that's true.  My point was that, given the choice between a
zfs send/recv from one set of devices to another, where the target is
another pool, and sending a zfs stream to a tarball, I'd sooner choose
a solution that's all live filesystems.

If backups are *really* important, then it's certainly better to use a
product with commercial support.  I think Amanda is zfs-aware now?