On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Tim <t...@tcsac.net> wrote:
> Given the current state of AMD, I think we all know that's not likely.  Why
> cut into the revenue of your server line chips when you don't have to?
>  Right?

AMD has nothing to do with whether ECC exists on the Nehalem.

Most likely ECC is in the memory controller of the Nehalem die, it's
just disabled on the i7. It wouldn't make any sense to tape out a
whole new die for the server version of the chip. The Xeon could use
another stepping, but I'd expect Intel to use the same on both
consumer and server versions of the chip.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com