On 09 March, 2009 - Jan Hlodan sent me these 1,7K bytes:

> Hello,
>
> I am desperate. Today I realized that my OS 108 doesn't want to boot.
> I have no idea what I screwed up. I upgraded on 108 last week without
> any problems.
> Here is where I'm stuck:
>
> Reading ZFS config: done.
> Mounting ZFS filesystems: (1/17) cannot mount '/export': directory is
> not empty (17/17)
>
> $ svcs -x
> svc:/system/filesystem/local:default (local file system mounts)
> State: maintenance since ...
> Impact: 45 dependent services are not running.
>
> svc:/network/rpc/smserver:default (removable media management)
> State: uninitialized since...
> Impact: 2 dependent services are not running.
>
> $ zfs mount
>
> rpool/ROOT/opensolaris-2            /
> rpool/export/home                        /export/home/wewek
> rpool                                             /rpool
> tank                                              /tank
> tank/projects                                /tank/projects
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> $ pfexec zfs mount -a
> cannot mount '/export': directory is not empty
>
> I can mount rpool/export by -O option but I'll lost my home directory
> and Gnome can't come up.
> $ pfexec zfs mount -O rpool/export
> $ svcadm clear filesystem/local:default
> Mounting ZFS filesystems: (17/17)
>
> GDM login comes up, after log in:
>
> "Your home directory is listed as: '/export/home/wewek' but it doesn't
> appear to exist. Do you want to log in with the / (root) directory as
> your home directory? It's unlikely anything will work unless you use a
> failsafe session."
>
> Can you help me please? I don't want to loose all my configurations.

It seems like you have some stuff in /export  which does not belong to
the filesystem that should be mounted in /export

That is, you have /export/somefileordirectory  that belongs to the /
filesystem.. Try this:

pfexec mv /export /oldexport
pfexec mkdir /export
pfexec zfs mount -a

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå