Okay so riddle me this - can I create a raidz2 using the new disks and move all the data from the existing zdev to it. Then recreate a raidz2 this time using the old 7 disks ?

And have them all stay in the same Zpool?

Side note: does the port I plug the drive into matter on the controller? Does it have to be the same drive lineup or does it work based on drive uuid or something like that?