David Magda wrote:

On Apr 19, 2009, at 16:48, Richard Elling wrote:

David Magda wrote:

Also, on the currently available SSD, there's a 'Try and Buy' logo: would it be possible to 'borrow' one of these SSDs for the sixty days and run benchmarks, and if it doesn't help, remove them from the ZFS pool where they were tested? I was under the impression that it's currently not possible to remove Read- and Logzilla devices.

All things are negotiable. Sun is currently in its fiscal Q4, which is otherwise
known as "the quarter for non-linear thinking."

They can be replaced.

"Replaced" as in: "this unit has failed, let's put in another"? I'm more curious about: we added this device, but it doesn't improve things, so let's remove it completely from the configuration.

replaced as in "zpool replace"

Just as you can't remove a vdev to a pool once it's been added (and shrink the pool), can you remove a -zilla device once it's been latched onto a pool's configuration?

not today, in a recommended way.
-- richard