This sounds like a good idea to me, but it should be brought up
on the caiman-disc...@opensolaris.org mailing list, since this
is not just, or even primarily, a zfs issue.

Lori

Rich Teer wrote:

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Richard Elling wrote:

popular interactive installers much more simplified.  I agree that
interactive installation needs to remain as simple as possible.

How about offering a choice an installation time: "Custom or default?"?

Those that don't want/need the interactive flexibility can pick default
whereas others who want more flexibility (but still want or need an
interactive installation) can pick the custom option.  Just a thought...