On Thu, 21 May 2009, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> For some people losing 30 seconds of data and losing the entire pool
> could be equivalent.  In fact, it could be a billion dollar error.

I don't think anybody's saying to just ignore a missing slog and continue
on like nothing's wrong. Let the pool fail to import, generate errors and
faults. But if I'm willing to lose whatever uncommitted transactions are in
the slog, why should my entire pool sit unaccessible? Some manual option to
force an import of a pool with a missing slog would at least give the
option of getting to your data, which would be a lot better than the
current situation.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu