Brian Leonard wrote:
Since you did not export the pool, it may be looking for the wrong
devices.  Try this:
    zpool export vault
zpool import vault

That was the first thing I tried, with no luck.

Above, I used slice 0 as an example, your system may use a
different slice.  But you can run zdb -l on all of them to find

Aha, zdb found complete label sets for the "vault" pool on /dev/rdsk/c6d1 and
c7d1.  The incomplete labels were c6d1p0 and c7d1p0.  Could I just zpool replace c6d1p0
with c6d1 and c7d1p0 with c7d0?

hmmmm... export the pool again.  Then try simply "zpool import" and
it should show the way it sees vault.  Reply with that output.
-- richard