Victor took the words right out of my fingers :-) more below...

Victor Latushkin wrote:
Brian Leonard wrote:
Since you did not export the pool, it may be looking for the wrong
devices.  Try this:
    zpool export vault
zpool import vault

That was the first thing I tried, with no luck.

Above, I used slice 0 as an example, your system may use a
different slice.  But you can run zdb -l on all of them to find

Aha, zdb found complete label sets for the "vault" pool on
/dev/rdsk/c6d1 and c7d1.  The incomplete labels were c6d1p0 and
c7d1p0.  Could I just zpool replace c6d1p0 with c6d1 and c7d1p0 with
c7d0?

You cannot import pool, so you cannot do any replacements with 'zpool replace'.

Check contents of /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk to see if there are some missing links there for devices in question. You may want to run

devfsadm -c disk -sv
devfsadm -c disk -Csv

and see if it reports anything.

Try to move c6d1p0 and c7d1p0 out of /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk and see if you can import the pool.

Another way to do this is to create a new directory and symlink
only the slices (actually, /dev/* is just a directory of symlinks)
Then you can tell zpool to only look at that directory and not /dev.
Something like:

 mkdir /mytmpdev
 cd /mytmpdev
 for i in /dev/rdsk/c[67]d*s* ; do
   ln -s $i
 done
 zpool import -d /mytmpdev

This should show the proper slices for vault.
-- richard