On 18-Jun-09, at 12:14 PM, Miles Nordin wrote:

"bmm" == Bogdan M Maryniuk <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com> writes:
"tt" == Toby Thain <t...@telegraphics.com.au> writes:
    tt> /. is no person...

... you and I both know it's plausible
speculation that Apple delayed unleashing ZFS on their consumers
because of the lost pool problems.  ZFS doesn't suck, I do use it, I
hope and predict it will get better---so just back off and calm down
with the rotten fruit.  But neither who's saying it nor your not
wanting to hear it makes it less plausible.

In my opinion, a more plausible explanation is: Apple has not made ZFS integration a high priority [for 10.6].

There is no doubt Apple has the engineering resources to make it perfectly reliable as a component of Mac OS X, if that were a high priority goal.

I run OS X but I am not at all tempted to play with ZFS on it there; life is too short for betas. If I want ZFS I install Solaris 10.

--Toby