Hi,

I'd like to understand a thing or two ... :)

I have a zpool on which I've created a zvol, then I've snapshotted the zvol and
I've created a clone out of that snapshot.

Now, what happens if I do a

zfs send mycl...@mysnap > myfile?

I mean, is this stream enough to recover the clone (does it contain a promoted
zvol?) or do I have to have a stream for the zvol (from which the clone was
created) as well? And if I do a zfs recv of the clone's stream, does it 'find'
by itself the zvol from which it stemmed?

In  other words, will I be able to recover the clone, and the zvol it depends
on, in some way having a zfs stream of them?

Best regards.

Maurilio.