dick hoogendijk schrieb:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 03:14:52 PDT
> Ben <no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:
>
>> If I detach c5d1s0, add a 1TB drive, attach that, wait for it to
>> resilver, then detach c5d0s0 and add another 1TB drive and attach
>> that to the zpool, will that up the storage of the pool?
>
> That will do the trick perfectly. I just did the same last week ;-)

Doesn't detaching render the detach disk command the detached disk as a
disk unassociated with a pool? I think it might be better to import the
pool with only one half of the mirror without detaching the disk, and
the do a zpool replace. In this case if something goes wrong during
resilver, you still have the other half of the mirror to bring your pool
back up again. If you detach the disk upfront this won't be possible.

Just an idea...

- Thomas