Thanks very much everyone.

Victor, I did think about using VirtualBox, but I have a real machine and a
supply of hard drives for a short time, for I'll test it out using that if I
can.

Scott, of course, at work we use three mirrors and it works very well, has
saved us on occasion where we have detached the third mirror, upgraded, found
the upgrade failed and have been able to revert from the third mirror instead
of having to go through backups.

George, it will be great to see the 'autoexpand' in the next release.  I'm
keeping my home server on stable releases for the time being :)